Do you find yourself wondering, week after week, or month after month ~ perhaps longer ~ why won’t he commit? You’ve spent time together and enjoy one another’s company. You think alike, share many of the same viewpoints and opinions, and have similar senses of humor. You are compatible in every way, including the bedroom. Everything is great except that he won’t give you a commitment. You get frustrated because he should know you are the right one for him, and he should know by now that you aren’t going to turn into a complete and total bitch and surprise him either.
So why won’t he commit? Each man is an individual, and their reasons for avoiding commitment vary. Some reasons why your man won’t be your boyfriend or your husband could include:
- Loss of freedom. He feels that if he offers you a commitment that it will mean the end of his freedom. He will have to answer to someone, and what is expected of him increases. He will be held accountable for any behavior that does not coincide with a committed relationship.
- Fear of failure. He isn’t sure he won’t screw up. If you have no commitment between the two of you, he can’t get called on the carpet for very much, because your relationship (or lack of) has no boundaries. If you do get upset or angry and say something to him, he can whip out his handy “We aren’t in a committed relationship” excuse card and you are left with nothing to say. Without that card, he no longer has a get-out-of-jail-free card. He is afraid that the more responsibility he takes for the relationship, and the higher your expectations are that he may be doomed to fail and lose you.
- He isn’t ready for the next big step. Some men feel that once they offer a commitment or agree to be in a committed relationship the next step after is marriage & family. They may feel that a committed relationship is almost the same thing as asking you to marry them. They think that you and everyone else will feel that the relationship will most likely lead to a permanent one, like marriage. Which brings us to:
- Not ready to be married. Some men that have come from broken homes look at marriage as a disaster. They have seen the ugliness of an unhealthy relationship and messy divorce. They want to keep your relationship in a “holding pattern” to keep from dealing with those fears. Some men have zero interest in ever being married in the first place. They decided, for whatever reason, that the never, ever, ever want to be married, so they will not offer that kind of commitment to any woman.
- Baggage from the past. A previous marriage that ended in a messy divorce or a committed relationship where their heart was broken is quite often an obstacle that many men would rather avoid than deal with. Because they never want to go through a similar situation again, they avoid any chance of it ever happening again. They make up their minds to not offer a commitment so they never put themselves in a position to be hurt ever again.
- Peter Pan syndrome. He doesn’t want to grow up. He still wants to go out and party with his fellow “lost boys” rather than be a big boy and settle down. Quite often men like this have friends just like them. They support each other in their immature childish behavior, and as a group may find any woman a threat to their lifestyle. They encourage each other to not settle down. A man can easily do this on his own as well. He may like simply being a bachelor.
These are just some of the reasons why men won’t commit. What is your man’s reason? Why won’t he commit to you and either be your boyfriend or your husband? A love tarot reading with Lady Sarah or Sophia Elise will uncover the reason why your man won’t commit to YOU. You can’t expect to help him get over his fear or resistance of commitment if you don’t know WHY he won’t commit in the first place! He may be giving you his reasons why he won’t commit, but that may not be the real reason. A love tarot reading will reveal the true issues he has with commitment. Your love tarot reading will also offer assistance in getting him past his commitment issues if it is at all possible. The man you love is not going to seek out help so that he can be ready willing and able to commit to you, but you can.
There is no need to stay lost in the confusion of your relationship, banging your head, yelling to the Universe “Why won’t he commit?” Sarah and Sophia have the answers. Let Sarah and Sophia help you get the commitment that you desire.